Your sump pump is one of those things you may not consider until you need it—then you hope it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Denver home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve probably seen it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance hints to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our experts will check your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any clue of a possible issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to take note there are multiple very basic things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 303-647-5853
or request an appointment online.