Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Denver
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s running properly so your Denver basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease working for several different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, call the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit operating for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to verify your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when called for.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During dry forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to protect your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to ensure yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 303-647-5853 or request an appointment online.