Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by not enough oxygen. In your house, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces can also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at high levels or with prolonged exposure.