Prevention is the most critical step. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Denver.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are running correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.