Prevention is the most critical step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Denver.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.