Your heating and cooling system is essential to a comfortable home and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure an uninterrupted source of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly endorse registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover minor problems early on: Issues with your heating and cooling often progress gradually. When a technician checks the internal components each year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the fastest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are occasionally necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, our technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and work with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.