When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Many people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for trying the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets expensive almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main after heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help picking out a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.