Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few points to think over, as well as the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are getting rid of their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your house comfier and lowering your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the expense of replacing your full system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 303-647-5853 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.