Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Denver. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Denver heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Denver heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 303-647-5853 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Denver heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it could also be an early sign of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Denver temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.