Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit quits out of the blue. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts encourage servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, preventing potential problems and extending its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This makes it possible for you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An AC tune-up is a detailed process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not suggested. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your own system every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your cooling system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Improved air quality: A clean cooling system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on premature replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To optimize your savings, think about enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and providing home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.