No matter what the climate outside, the temperature inside your space dictates how comfortable you will be. Find the right temp and your house will feel like a nice escape from it all. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t working accurately, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be fun.
Take time to take a detailed look at how you’re utilizing your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a pathetic performer. Take this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is coming up fast. How do you get your AC ready?
- Replace the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re having a party on a hot night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What do you do?
- Instruct my attendees to bring icy beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before guests arrive.
- Start my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor make the decision and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and bills by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the most expensive system available.
- When you get your next monthly electricity bill, what do you expect you’ll find?
- It will be a little higher. My heating and cooling charges have gotten expensive.
- It will be close to the bill for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What do you do first?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Bring in a skilled technician to take a look.
- Don’t think about it and wait until it goes away.
Get ready to tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you made a plan for the future. But if you responded to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you could make a couple of changes to help your HVAC perform better. Read below to see how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Annual Maintenance While changing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are critical tasks to prep your system for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is critical to complete the process. During a maintenance visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC technician will be on the lookout for more serious problems for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later down the road.
Find a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained heating and cooling systems can have complications on occasion. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program affords that critical service to homes at no extra cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Some heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It offers you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. Even better, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and call us when they greatly change. Your power bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re noticing a steady climb in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your system. A new high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Act when you hear a weird noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than aggravating. It illustrates something is wrong with your machinery. Even if it’s a relatively small issue, left unchecked it could make for an costly repair in the future. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you use these tips, you could save time, additional costs and frustration. And if your equipment just isn’t cutting it anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To learn more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!