Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your utility bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heat or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some tips for saving energy in Denver and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep power costs down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a few other methods to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.